Thursday, July 30, 2009

New lace and doilies quilt

Hello I start a new quilt this week. I see on the Russian forum this beautiful picture of Russian quilter Vera Scherbakova.
I was lived them. I try to do some sketch of the quilt like this but I never ever ever wasn't so good in the planning. So I decided to sew few blocks in different sizes and play with them.
I choose to use a different cottons and linens in natural colors and blended fabrics in old gold, burgundy and olive. Also I want to use a lot of laces, doilies.
You can see few variations of final composition. Please let me know what you like more


Я рeшила сшить квилт по мотивам этого квилта веры Щербаковой. Попытка создать предварительный план не была удачной (Танечка ну не смогла я , не смогла). После многих неудачных попыток я решила сшить несколько разных блоков , размер и форма которых зависят только от имеющихся в наличии кусочков тканей, кружев и салфеток. А потом поиграться со всем этим в сборке. Можете видеть промежуточные результаты и поделиться вашими мнениями. Шторную ленту и вышивку и кружево я хочу добавить после сборки.

Inspiration Quilt
My variations - мои опыты

First-первый


Second-второй


Third - третий

Thank you for you opinion.
Спасибо за советю

8 comments:

JK said...

Ira, it is beautiful! I wish I could do something like that. Thank you for sharing this with all the girls on CQ4N.

Maddie Can Fly said...

This looks like so much fun. I hope you are enjoying this. It will be beautiful when done (Lesa, CQForNewbies)

SH Sue said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

NormaH said...

WOW! What a beautiful way of putting all those laces and squares together.

AMBER said...

Ira, I always say more is better. I really love them all, but #3 is my favorite.
Amber

ZlataR said...

Интересный квилт должен получиться, судя по фото. Жду окончания, заинтригована - какой же будет окончательный результат.

Pat said...

Ira, I can get over the ay that you use doilies in your work. You are a very creative person. I really like your work. It's so breathtaking to see something different from the norm. Keep it up. It's great!

Tatyana Ratcliffe said...

ира , я тоже очень хочу что то подобное сделать вы еще не закончили этот проект?