Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ric-Rack fish tutorial

I want to share with you today this Ric-Rack fish tutorial.

1. I am take a small piece of white Ric-Rack ribbon and paint him with regular fabric paint.
I choose blue and yellow for contrast.



2. After paint was dry a fixed it with hot iron.

3. I fold ribbon on white (unpainted) side and and do a few small stitches according to red line. ( I did them with red thread only for contrast picture).




4. I opened Ric-Rack ribbon on color side. Pressed it and stitched a small eye.

5. I sewed it on the fabric with small like a fin stitches.

6. You can do an eye with a bead or do any other stitches for fin. You can stitch other tail.




Other Ric-Rack fish.


Happy stitches

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ira thank you so much for this tutorial. I am totally lost when it comes to motifs, charms etc. The fish looks terrific and I am going to give it a try. Thanks again!

gocrazywithme said...

Ira, your tutorial is perfectly understandable and perfectly adorable! I will have to try this one myself, thanks for sharing it with us!
Janet in Colorado

Thelma said...

I love your ric rack fish! What a neat idea!

Bette said...

This tutorial is very easy to follow - and a fantastic idea.

Pat said...

Ira, I love your work! Thanks for resending the Tutorials. I may just try this one day!
Pat in KS.

Ginger said...

What a great tutorial on ric rack!
Love to see more of what your making with rick rack.I'll post this blog on mine so others can come here and see your tutorial .Thank you so much for sharing hugs ginger(lovestodream)

Anonymous said...

Hello
You have to add "Fabric painting medium" (DecoArt) to your acrylic paint to fix it on fabric.