Saturday, February 23, 2008

Progress in the work

Hello
thank for all visitors who did a good comments on my work for a craft show, but I wasn't so happy with them. I was need a great WAW effect. I was try more then 20 (!!!!!) different frames and don't get it. So I did something else. I put a blue CQ on the piece of blue upholstery velvet (it hard to see on picture but it was deep blue) and just hide an edges with gold bias ribbon. I put a blue cotton on the back.
For the burgundy I did a border from match color fabric. It's two side folded border. So I just sew the gold cord with run stitch between block and border. Cord still free from the cross points outside. I fixed my block to the back only in this points with few small stitches. So the back side of the block steel invisible and I have a great 3D effect with free cord and free heavy borders of the block.

Unfortunatly I don't found a velvet piece for the last block. I just did a border from a matching color fabric and sew on this old lace.

Do you believe in this I am still waiting for a checking my works. They don't see them jet.

This week we had a great storm with cool wind. i don't go to anywhere and finished sentral block for a David star.

I put organza folded roses , few satin roses in the sentre. Add a lot of organza leafs and a leafs from my second veaves tutorials. It' s hard to see. but it bring a great 3D effect with color plays from olive color of veaving leafs and green color of organza. Arount I stitch a leafs with tifferent colors of green, I did a few leafs from a satin ribbon. The small flowers are folded roses and different stitches roses ( rococo, spider all what I have ).I use a different ribbons in many colors. I pretty happy with a result.

9 comments:

stefndawniy said...

I love your work Ira. I'm linking you on my blog if that's ok. :o)
inspiring !

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Your work is soooo beautiful. Now we need a tutorial on those organza roses!!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

My grand daughter says I should name myself "Crazy Old Stitcher"

Bhavani Harikrishnan said...

Hi Ira,
As the saying goes a single picture speaks a thousand words.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I love to try all things too - and then adapt them to my needlepoint design. I really like that lace frame you did - now I need to see if I can make that lace with needlepoint stitches. Never enough time!!

Susan said...

These are beautiful. I love the one with the lace around it, especially. The 3-D is a different look, too.

What you did on the star center is just gorgeous!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Ira, I like all of your frames for your CQ work. The burgundy one is very creative and different.

Rengin Yazitas said...

Hi Ira,
I enjoy reading your blog, to see your beautiful work.
I have been tagged to share 7 ramdom things about myself and then pass the tag on to 7 other people. If you will play I'm passing it on to you. Check my blog for the rules.
Love....
Rengin

HElen said...

Wonderful work! Beautiful execution!